Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Daring Bakers' January 2011 Challenge






Biscuit Jaconde Imprime/Entrement


The January 2011 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Astheroshe of the blog accro. She chose to challenge everyone to make a Biscuit Joconde Imprime to wrap around an Entremets dessert.




This was all very new to me and a challenge - a challenge because at the moment I'm in a really busy phase, we have our house on the market - so it needs to be in a pristine state of tideness and decor perfection most of the time !!! Additionally I'm just starting back at work after a six week summer break, am busy preparing for the new school year and having professional development days. I almost opted out from this challenge but seeing I had last month thought I'd really challenge myself to achieve it.

The filling is a blackforest mousse - chocolate mousse made from scratch with cherries macerated in Grand Marnier, topped with whipped cream, fresh cherries and chocolate shavings - I used left over jaconde to make the base.
Haven't been able to upload other photos but will try again later :(












2 comments:

  1. Delicious Entremet, and beautiful too. You were very brave to complete this challenge even short of time. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! The decor paste pattern came out great!!

    ReplyDelete